I am a quite active contributor to the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) where I am currently serving as co-chair of the HyBi (BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP) and SoC (Sip Overload Control) Working Groups. I am also part of the IETF Applications Area Directorate.
List of RFCs (Requests for Comments) I have authored or co-authored.
- "Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification Extension for Notification Rate Control", RFC6446
"Known Issues and Best Practices for the Use of Long Polling and Streaming in Bidirectional HTTP", RFC6202
"A Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Mechanism to Enable File Transfer", RFC5547
- "Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Registration of Instant Messaging and Presence DNS SRV RRs for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)", RFC5509
- "A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)", RFC5279
List of my currently active Internet Drafts.
BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP (HyBi) :
- "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Timeouts", draft-thomson-hybi-http-timeout
Constrained RESTful Environments (CORE):
- "Best practices for HTTP-CoAP mapping implementation " draft-castellani-core-http-mapping
- "CoAP Option Extension: Patience" draft-li-core-coap-patience-option
- "Sleepy Option for CoAP" draft-giacomin-core-sleepy-option
- "Publish and Monitor Options for CoAP" draft-fossati-core-publish-monitor-options
- "Updates to Referred-By in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)." draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis
- "Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks" draft-jones-ipmc-session-id-reqts
- "SCTP-Based Media Transport in the Session Description Protocol. " draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp
Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers (RTCWEB):
- "RTCWeb Datagram Connection", draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-00
- "WebRTC Data Channel Protocol", draft-jesup-rtcweb-data-protocol
Transport Area (TSVWG):
- "DTLS Encapsulation of SCTP Packets for RTCWEB ", draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps
Expired ... for now, but maybe one day I will found the energy to progress them...