Selected Publications*, sorted by date:
Journals, Magazines, and Columns:
- S.Loreto, S.P. Romano "Real-time communications in the web: issues, achievements and ongoing standardization efforts"
IEEE Internet Computing September-October 2012
- J. Maenpaa, J. Jimenez Bolonio, S. Loreto "Using RELOAD and CoAP for Wide Area Sensor and Actuator Networking" EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 2012, [link]
S. Loreto, T. Mecklin, M. Opsenica, H. Rissanen “IMS Service Development API and testbed” IEEE Communication Magazine vol.48, No 4, April 2010
S. Loreto, T. Mecklin, M. Opsenica, H. Rissanen “Service Broker Architecture: Location Business Case and Mashups” IEEE Communication Magazine vol.47, No 4, April 2009
G. Camarillo, H. Schulzrinne, S. Loreto, J. Hautakorpi “Effect of Head of the Line (HOL) Blocking on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Establishment Delays” Journal of Communications and Networks (JCN), Vol. 11, No. 1, February 2009
S. Loreto, G. Eriksson “Presence Network Agent (PNA): a simple way to improve the Presence service” IEEE Communication Magazine vol.46, No 8, August 2008
A. Buono, S. Loreto, L. Miniero, S.P. Romano “A distributed IMS enabled conferencing architecture on top of a standard centralized conferencing framework” IEEE Communication Magazine vol.45, No 3, March 2007
A. Dainotti, S. Loreto, A. Pescapè, G. Ventre, “A SCTP performance evaluation over Heterogeneous Networks”, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (Wiley) – to appear (Selected to appear in a Special Issue dedicated to best papers from IEEE AINA 2006 Workshop on Performance Analysis and Enhancement of Wireless Networks).`
G.De Marco, S. Loreto, L.Barolli, “Taxonomy and Analysis of IP Micro-mobility Protocols in Single and Simultaneous Movements Scenario”, to appear in International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing 2005(IJWMC)(ISSN: 1741-1084), InderScience, 2006.
- G.De Marco, M.Longo, S.Loreto, D. De Vito, “SCTP as a Transport for SIP: a Case Study for SIP”, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Vol. 2, No. 3. On line
Conferences and Workshops (since 2002):
- A.P. Castellani, T. Fossati, S. Loreto "HTTP-CoAP Cross Protocol Proxy: An Implementation Viewpoint", IoTech 2012 Workshop, Co located with IEEE MASS 2012, Las Vegas, Nevada, US
- Thomas Fossati, Angelo Castellani, Salvatore Loreto, "(Un)trusted Intermediaries in CoAP", IAB Workshop on Smart Object Security, 23rd March 2012, Paris
- A. P. Castellani, S. Loreto, N. Bui, and M. Zorzi "Quickly interoperable Internet of Things using simple transparent gateways" (pdf) Interconnecting Smart Objects with the Internet IAB Workshop Prague, Friday, 25th March 2011
- M. K. Afzal, A. U. Khan, Y. B. Zikria, A. Pescapé, S. Loreto “SCTP vs. TCP: Delay and Packet Loss”, Multitopic Conference, 2007. INMIC 2007, IEEE International
- I. Fikouras, R. Levenshteyn, S. Loreto, G. Camarillo “Addressing & Invocation of IMS- attached Services”, IPTComm'07
- D. Emma, S. Loreto, A. Pescapé, G. Ventre “Measuring SCTP Throughput and Jitter over Heterogeneous Networks”, UoNPEEMN´06
- G. De Marco, L. Barolli, S. Loreto “Performance Analysis of IP Micro-mobility Protocols in Single and Simultaneous Movements Scenario”, The second International Symposium on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Smart Worlds (UISW2005)
- G. De Marco, L.Barolli, M. Longo, S. Loreto, “RA-RA: A new Bandwidth Efficient Scheme for Movement Detection in MIPv6”, International Symposium on Wireless Communication System 2005
- G. De Marco, S. Loreto, D. De Vito, “SCTP as a Transport for SIP: a Case Study”, Systemic Cybernetics and Informatics 2003, Orlando USA, pp. 284-289, July 2003
- G. De Marco, F. Postiglione,A. Senatore, M. Longo, S. Loreto, “On Some Open Issues of Load Sharing in SCTP”, Computer, Communication and Control Technologies CCCT 2003, Orlando USA, pp 304-309, July 2003
- G. De Marco,M. Longo,S. Gentile,S. Loreto, 2003 “A Simple Technique to Implement Congestion Control for Delay Sensitive Media”;Advanced Simulation Conference 2003, Orlando
- S. Loreto “SCTP: Stream Control Transmission Protocol. A new transport protocol for IP environment” Computer Programming – 115 June 2002 - Italian paper
- G. De Marco, S. Loreto, G.Sorrentino, L. Veltri “SIP-H.323: A solution for interworking saving existing Architectures” Proceedings of IFIP-2 Networking 2002, Pisa, Italy, pp. 1111-1116, Springer-LCNS, May 2002
- S. Loreto “Shared library” www.programmazione.it 2000 - Italian paper;
If you are interested in one of papers from the above list, please send an e-mail.
* For the complete publications list, please send me an e-mail.